Who We Are
World Poker Tour® (WPT®) is the premier name in internationally televised gaming and entertainment with brand presence in land-based tournaments, television, online, and mobile. Leading innovation in the sport of poker since 2002, WPT ignited the global poker boom with the creation of a unique television show based on a series of high-stakes poker tournaments.
WPT® has broadcast globally in more than 150 countries and territories, and is currently producing its 19th season, which airs on Bally Sports in the United States. Season XIX of WPT is sponsored by ClubWPT.com. ClubWPT.com is a unique online membership site that offers inside access to the WPT, as well as a sweepstakes-based poker club available in 43 states across the United States, Australia, Canada, France and the United Kingdom.
WPT® also participates in strategic brand license, partnership, and sponsorship opportunities. For more information, go to WPT.com.
Global Events Manager
An exciting opportunity has opened up within WPT’s Global Tour Management division, as a Global Events Manager. Working closely with the Senior Director of Global Tour Management, you will be responsible for the execution of WPT events and deliverables for global partners, as well as coordinate cohesive PR and event-marketing campaigns through strategic planning and implementation that are aligned to the overall business objectives.
To be successful in this role, you will need
• a solid background in event and/or project management
• knowledge and experience of the Poker, Gaming, and/or Entertainment industry
• exceptional organizational skills
• a resilient work ethic and disposition
• ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• a proactive, professional and flexible attitude
• dedication to delivering world-class customer service
• to travel to domestic and international destinations
• excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Oversee, manage and execute event-related logistics, budgets, staffing, and execution for WPT global events, including land-based and online event
• Implement, manage, and monitor the adherence to WPT’s global standards by casino partners (including but not limited to branding standards, official tournament structure, approved payout structure, etc.)
• Develop and maintain key clients, suppliers, and players relationships
• Manage and coordinate logistics with host venue and approved vendors regarding WPT’s televised and/or Live Stream broadcasts
• Serve as a liaison between the WPT and the sponsors in ensuring that all contractual obligations are delivered during the event, as well as compliance by sponsors regarding player-sponsorship guidelines
• Performs other duties as required by the Vice President of Global Tour Management
• Fluency in Asian-based language(s) is highly desirable
• Willingness to travel extensively and work non-conventional office hours across multiple timezones
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• Event experience in poker/gaming/entertainment
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to successfully and efficiently triage tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An outgoing, professional and friendly personality
• Experience in utilizing social media platforms and online marketing tools
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint) and video editing software is highly desirable
• Experience with graphic design packages such as Photoshop is highly desirable
Social Media Manager
The World Poker Tour is looking to add a Social Media Manager to our growing Web & Social team. As the Social Media Manager, you will help define our social media strategy to create meaningful engagement across all of our online communities. This includes conception, production, and execution of all social media campaigns. The ideal candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced creative environment and is comfortable working on multiple projects at once.
• Develop and execute the social media strategy through various social media channels
• Build brand awareness and increase the overall sentiment and engagement of the players to the WPT
• Report on the key measure of success to the Department Head
• Use analytical data to run critical reviews of social media campaign performance
• Increase player loyalty and affinity towards all the WPT products (Tour, Online, and TV/OTT).
• Make WPT the premier name in the poker industry for prestige and experience
• Planning social media campaigns and initiatives
• Managing the approval process for all campaigns, initiatives, and assets
• Scheduling and posting of social media content
• Editing short form video content
• Creating and/or editing assets for various platforms
• Analyzing and reporting on campaign and channel performance
• Monitoring social trends and incorporating findings into planned campaigns and initiatives
• Day-to-day management of all WPT social channels
• Passion and knowledge of the game of poker
• Working knowledge of the gaming industry
• Experience in planning, creating and launching successful social campaigns with proven results
• Video and photo editing software expertise
• Creative mind with natural interest for keeping up to date with cultural trends and implement innovative ideas
• Understanding of social media data and KPI
• Understanding and experience of all social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Twitch, and YouTube
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Highly organized, with the ability to multitask
• Ability to identify and track relevant community KPIs
• Appetite for metrics and analytical skills
• This position requires regular travel
Office Location: Irvine, CA.
The World Poker Tour Studio Coordinator is highly proactive and takes initiative. This individual works both independently with minimal supervision and collaborates as part of the distribution and production team. This individual relies on their exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, combined with technical skills. This individual possesses strong functional knowledge of Traffic and Network Operations, and master content consolidation. This position reports to the VP of Studios. This is a full-time role with the possibility of working remotely.
Serves as office coordinator and travel coordinator for Production, Distribution and Ad Sales department to ensure that projects move seamlessly through the studio. The Studio Coordinator organizes spreadsheets/documentation for assets related to office supply management, traditional distribution, digital distribution and production.
1-2 years office management or administrative experience. Possess meticulous attention to detail, organizational, communication skills and accuracy. Ability to prioritize and work effectively under tight deadlines. Ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to work independently, as well as be a strong part of a team. Experience with Broadcast Networks, OTT, Digital Distribution, Ad Agencies and Sales organizations are a plus.
Daily tasks include but not limited to:
Office Supply Management
Analysis and Revenue Reporting
Office Location: Possible remote, LA/Irvine.